1. Video lets people see you as a real person.
I know it sounds crazy, but it can be seen time and time again that people like to buy from other people. Individuals are more likely to make a purchase from a physical person than a mindless, faceless business.
A visual prescence for the consumer to connect to, makes you more authentic and will build a relationship between you and your customer.
They will begin to see you as a real person instead of a faceless corporation which will, in turn, lead to more sales on your end, and a happier purchasing experience on their end.
It’s a win win
2. Video messaging drives social selling.
The main challenge facing businesses in the new technological world is finding new and exciting ways to drive customer engagement.
Using a personalised video message will allow brands to do exactly that.
Imagine having an advertisement that everyone is talking about. Now imagine that, instead of having to catch that ad when it happens to be on TV like we used to do, we could share it instantly, whenever we wanted.
“Have you seen this fantastic video from this great company? No? Here, let me send it to you right now.”
This multiplies your business’s reach by a phenominal amount, allowing a much larger contact with potential customers.
3. To increase your online presence across all social media.
Social media is here to stay, it is a fact of life. As such, advertisement has become a large part of the Social Media experience in order to capitalise on that market.
Statistics show that people will watch a video more readily than they will look at photographs or read a text ad. But you don’t have to take my word; Hubspot sales statistics have found that 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers.
4. Video content is being requested by the consumer.
B2B (Business to Business) customers have noted that they would much rather receive a recorded video from their supplier, partner or vendor than a traditional email. Video messages are much more engaging and active than handing someone a 10 page PDF.
When you are selling you need to build trust. The customer will not trust the vendor if they feel like they are being exploited. Video content is one of the best ways to engage with the customer and build that trust between your business and the market.
5. Telling your story through video
Videos can build a huge amount of trust!
People like to do business with people they like.
People want to help people they like.
How do you expect anyone to like you when you don’t let them know your story? Video content allows the consumer to endear themselves to you because they can see your sincerity and passion through the lense. Let them know who you are and why they should do business with you!
Video is often cited as a tool that helps drive various areas of business performance and the numbers back up those claims.
Here are some statistics from Hubspot. The poll was done recently in December 2017.
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helps increase sales.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or an App by watching a video.
- 85% of people said they’d like to see more video content from brands in 2018.
- Where both video & text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service.
So folks, if any of the above statistics are anything to go by, video is the new and latest powerful marketing tool.
Businesses need to be using it to grow, and increase their sales ASAP.
If you would like to learn how to get media savy in 2018, contact me, Catherine at 0894985017 or email me at [email protected] to book a place at my next media workshops.
Alternatively you can book Media Lab to make a 2 min or 30 second promotional video to suit your business.
It will take less than 2 days to complete!